Participate in our upcoming web-panel, "What Employers Listen for in Your Interview" on Thursday, May 16 from 7-8 PM, Central time. Our panelists will share experience-based information about interviewing formats, and why companies conduct interviews the way they do. Learn about the challenges interviewers face as they talk with leading candidates and make the best hire – a new employee who can do the job, will do the job, and will work well with the rest of team. Add with these insights and tips ‘from the other side of the desk’ to your preparation and deliver a targeted, well-constructed message.
- TONY SEVERINO’94 ENG (UI), Engineering Manager, kCura
- JAKE RICKMON ‘11BUS (UI), Accounting Associate, NDH Group, Ltd
- ROHIT PASAM MS ’04 ENG (UIC), Founder, Xaptum
You have the option of attending onsite at the Illini Center at 200 S. Wacker Drive in Chicago to network with fellow alumni and the panelists. If you are attending at the downtown Chicago Illini Center arrive at 6:30, to network! Bring your soundbyte and your handbill and be ready to exchange introductions and professional information from 6:30 until the program begins at 7 p.m. To learn more about handbills and to see a sample, go to the "Networking" topic in the ACC's Virtual Career Center. If you are a first time user in the Virtual Career Center, please register through the link located at the top most left corner.
This program includes presentation and questions. There is no fee for University of Illinois alumni; the fee for Friends of Alumni is $45. All pay the cost of the phone call - a standard long-distance charge. You can avoid the cost of a phone all by using your computer speakers to participate in the program (all access instructions will be provided the day before the program).
Registration deadline is Thursday, May 16, at 2 PM Central Time.
(1) clicking on the following link to reach the list of current Alumni Career Center webinars, and the registration page: http://www.cvent.com/d/4cqvzm
(2) calling the Alumni Career Center at 312/575-7830 Monday-Friday between 8:30 AM and 5 PM Central Time, OR
(3) sending an email to the contact email listed below indicating the program(s) which you would like to attend.
Program materials and webinar access information will be emailed to registrants at the end of the business day on Wednesday, May 15.
Alumni Career Center programs are supported in part by Annual and Life Member gifts to the UIAA.