A nomination form is required. Nominations will remain active for three years.
- hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- be an individual living at the time of nomination
- be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects and recognizes the importance of the University of Illinois Alumni Association; who demonstrates pride in his or her Alma Mater; and whose interest and loyalty are evident by his or her significant, notable and meritorious contributions to the Illinois Alumni Association for the advancement of the University
- be an individual in whom alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will take pride in and be inspired by his or her recognition
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the Awards Committee; the University of Illinois Alumni Association Board of Directors; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University, staff of the University of Illinois Alumni Association
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously. The Awards Committee, which is composed of alumni, will select one recipient per year. The award will be presented by the University of Illinois Alumni Association during Homecoming.
Should the committee determine that the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.
The deadline for nominations is April 10.