Below you will find a list of commonly asked questions about our Oral History Project. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at University of Illinois and how the school helped shape your life since then.
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for University of Illinois Alumni Association. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at University of Illinois and how the school helped shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – sharing and collecting stories preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time at University of Illinois. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to University of Illinois Alumni Association at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated University of Illinois Alumni Association update line at 1-217-333-1471.
The only information that is included in the publication is your name, class year and degree, along with your story and photo. No contact information is printed. When you call to update your contact information, it will only be used to update your alumni record for the school/alumni association. You may revoke consent for your story and/or photo to appear any time before January 13, 2023 by contacting PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com.
You can call back at any time before January 13, 2023 to share your story.
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption. If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
The University of Illinois Alumni Association Oral History Publication is available for sale only to University of Illinois alumni.
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12-14 months. Since we began the project in July 2022, the books will be distributed in July-September 2023.
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.