A nomination form is required, and may be submitted by University of Illinois students, faculty, staff and alumni. Submission of supplemental information (e.g., nominee’s resume, articles outlining significant accomplishments) is encouraged. Nominations will remain active for a period of three years and may be refreshed with additional information during that time.
- hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- be an individual of such stature and demonstrated ability that current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition
Those not eligible:
- Previous recipients
- Current members of the UI Board of Trustees; the Awards Committee; the University of Illinois Alumni Association Board of Directors; and relatives, employers or employees thereof
- Current faculty and staff of the University, staff of the University of Illinois Alumni Association
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois
The recognition may not be conferred in absentia; Comeback Guests are expected to participate in scheduled activities during Homecoming.
Up to five Illini Comeback Guests will be selected in early spring by members of the Student Alumni Ambassadors and honored during Homecoming. Nominations become the property of the University of Illinois Alumni Association and information therein may be dispersed at the Association’s discretion. The selection committee reserves the right to consider each nominee for other University of Illinois Alumni Association recognition programs when appropriate.